Plans for Hukilau 2009, the annual gathering of tiki fans in Ft. Lauderdale, are shaping up for the weekend of June 11-14. The organizer, Tiki Kiliki, just announced the first event of the weekend: a three-hour cruise on the inter coastal waterway aboard the very tropical "Tiki Beach" boat.
The cruise will start sometime on Friday afternoon (3:30PM is the tentitive time) and it looks like it's going to be fun time with the following activities and ammenities planned:
- An authentic Mai-Kai Rum Punch cocktail - complimentary as you board
- A 3 Hour Tour of the inter coastal waterways of Fort Lauderdale, better known as the "Venice of America"
- Complimentary appetizers and Polynesian delights
- A "Cruise Only" Hukilau keepsake
- An exclusive performance by the Exotica band "Stolen Idols"
The cruise is priced at $80 each and is limited to 150 participants.
My wife and I took the cruise back in 2004, the year Hurricane Jean forced everyone to abondon the event early. We had a blast and will probably do it again next year!
Get more information at www.thehukilau.com