For the last couple of years, discounter Big Lots! has been selling tiki-related merchandise as part of their summer product line.
ZuluMagoo, a Tiki Central member, discovered that the chain is once again stocking tiki items this year, including:
- a resin tiki reminiscent of a palm tree carving with light up eyes for $19.99
- a somewhat crappy knockoff of Design Tuscano's "Gods of the Three Pleasures" for $9.99
- a resin tiki bowl the size of an ice bucket for $7.99
- a blue plastic tiki with electric flame effect for $19.99
- a 32" tall knockoff of Pele from Disneyland's Enchanted Tiki Room waiting area for $29.99 (pictured)
The standout of the bunch is the Pele sculpture. Already Tiki Room fans are scheming as how to paint the statue to duplicate the look of the Rolly Crump California original. I think I'm going to Big Lots! for lunch today.
Discuss at Tiki Central | Thanks ZuluMagoo!